Gawsworth Village Hall opened in 1953 and comprises a large hall and a smaller committee room. The hall is owned by the Parish Council but managed by a dedicated management committee.
The Village Hall Management Committee comprises four trustees (Glenice Mellor, John Trueman, Evelyn Briggs and Caroline Box) and representatives of a number of parish organisations and elected representatives of the community.
The Village Hall is used by a number of community organisations including the Bridge Club, Parish Council and WI. The hall is available to hire for a range of activities from birthday parties to meetings.
In 2017 the Village Hall underwent a £50,000 refurbishment funded by a grant from WREN. View the refurbished hall on Google Maps.
Hiring the Village Hall
If you would like to hire the Village Hall, please contact Andrew Bennett:
(please note, the voicemail on this number is not checked frequently)
The Village Hall Management Committee operates in accordance with the licence and agreement from the Parish Council, dated 1974. This agreement includes the rules and constitution of the management committee.