About the Neighbourhood Plan
Gawsworth Parish Council has started the process of developing the Gawsworth Neighbourhood Plan. The Plan, which is currently in it’s first stage of consulting on the proposed Neighbourhood Area, will cover the whole Parish and give residents a say in planing for the future development of Gawsworth.
Looking to 2030, Gawsworth will have remained a safe, green and pleasant place to live with a strong sense of place and community. It will have a variety of well-designed, high-quality homes to suit the varying needs of our parish which shall continue to be a place that provides for residents with differing talents, skills and needs.
The community in Gawsworth will be inclusive and welcoming, offering a range of activities and opportunities for residents of all ages to engage with one another. Gawsworth will thrive as a community.
Whilst retaining its rural character, Gawsworth will embrace modern technologies. The village will remain a small peaceful rural village with good connections to surrounding countryside. Gawsworth Moss will continue to maintain a distinct identity from Macclesfield, but thriving from its connections. Rural Gawsworth will keep its character as beautiful Cheshire countryside based on farming.
Overall, Gawsworth will be a place where local people can live, work, play and enjoy a high quality of life.
- To ensure Gawsworth residents have access to high quality housing that suits their needs without losing our community or the traditional appearance of the rural area
- To ensure all Gawsworth residents have access to the countryside and green spaces via a wide network of well maintained footpaths, bridleways and cycle paths
- To ensure Gawsworth retains a strong sense of community and of place with a range of community facilities
- To identify opportunities to improve road safety for pedestrians, cyclists, horse riders and motorists
- To conserve and enhance the natural beauty of the parish and its environment and the integrity of the greenbelt
- To ensure Gawsworth residents will have access to high speed internet, mobile and telephone links
Where we are now…
Preparing a set of emerging policy outlines.
Neighbourhood Plan Committee
The Parish Council has established an advisory committee to lead on developing the Gawsworth Neighbourhood Plan.
- Ann Hindson (Chairman
- David Smetha (Deputy Chairman)
- Cllr Lesley Smetham
- Cllr Paul Woods
- Martin Stoneley
- Penny Shepherd
- Andrea Kinsey
- Alan Wills
- Chris Miller
- Linda Miller
If you are interested in getting involved – or want to find out more, please contact the Clerk.